Happy Thursday, Feronians! We’re sharing some of the best links in love and sex that we’ve found around the web:
- NPR had a story recently about the societal furor over the fact that Rihanna is back with Chris Brown, who was convicted of abusing her a few years ago. It shows how complicated domestic abuse can be.
- Super awesome and amazing: there’s now a lingerie line made by and made for transgender women.
- Playtex is advertising a new line of “freshen-up” (read: after sex) wipes for women – by talking about how dirty your vagina is. Awesome way to perpetuate a horrible stereotype, Playtex. (Reminder: your vagina is a self-cleaning organism and it is not “dirty” in any way.)
- The Family Medical Leave Act celebrated its 20th anniversary in the United States the other day. It’s a good start, but it’s got a long way to go to work for everyone, according to Time Magazine.
- Thanks to the trend of Brazilian waxes, crabs (pubic lice) are becoming an endangered species. (However you feel about Brazilian waxes – to me, they sound terrifying – it’s good news.)
- And in awesome people news, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo wrote a great editorial for USA Today yesterday about how it’s time to end homophobia in sports. What an awesome guy.
What have you seen lately that’s interesting in love and sex? We’d love to hear about it! And do you love Brendon Ayanbadejo or what?